Sunday, December 19, 2010

Flat Head

Noey is getting a flat spot on her right side. It's pretty bad. Her ears are slightly misaligned now and her forehead pokes out a little more on the right side then it should. Dave being the "I'll fix-it" kind of guy he is came up with a temporary solution or aide to the problem. We went to Hancock and he got two sheets of foam. He measured Noey's head and then carved out a bowl shape that fits her perfectly. He says because of the shape no one part of her head will take pressure and get flat so her problem shouldn't get worse. We put one downstairs for her to lay on the floor with and put the other one in her bassinett and covered it with a fitted sheet to hold it in place. The little rascal can wiggle out of it at night though. I think it's because I don't swaddle her tight enough and she likes to inch worm around the bassinett. We see the doctor on Wednesday for her shots. I am supposed to get a referral then for a cranial specialist. She may need one of the helmet/bands to correct her little head!

This is her "condition." She has a moderate case. Not good.
http://www.cranialtech.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=71&Itemid=132

Mama help!


Seriously, HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment