On Saturday I wanted to go up to the strip to try the famous Serendipity frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity 3. We started at the Bellagio (it is the easiest place to park and maneuver out of) so we went to the gardens so Noey could look around. Everyone said what a "cute little fella" we have. Oh dear. She needs to grow some hair. I mean she was wearing a shirt with a peacock on it and covered in glitter. I don't know how many people out there dress their sons like that but there must be quite a few or something! We will never buy another shirt with glitter on it. Ever. We spread glitter from our house, across the strip, down the valley and into the pool today! Good grief!!
No one mistook her for a boy once she got her hat and shades on. We had to lube her up in sunscreen and we got lots of pointing and oohing and ahhing over her.
Off we went and down the hill by the Bellagio fountains. Along the Boulevard Dave ran into some of his comrades. We had to stop for a picture (and a tip).
I think the dark glasses make her think it is night and she was out!
We went up and down the people movers. It is a pain to navigate down there with a stroller. They can claim to be family and handicap friendly all they want but it just isn't so! And of course we remember why we rarely travel to the strip anymore. People suck. They are rude, stupid, and don't speak English. Enough said.
We had a short wait at Serendipity 3. Dave was horrified by the prices. I should have warned him. I guess having the experience of eating there is supposed to make up for the prices. It is a branch of THE famous Serendipity in New York and there is even a movie that features it with John Cusak. If you want the most expensive sundae in the world, go there. It will only cost you $1,000 and you can eat gold leaf. Yummy.
First picture of Dave and I in forever!
Holy hot dog! Only $14.50! Dave will never let me live that down.
We split a frozen hot chocolate. Dave was bummed to give up his fried oreos but we were on a budget. Two sips for each of us later we were down to whip cream. Totally not worth the hassle! The mix I bought at Williams-Sonoma a few years ago was way better!
Noelle did try whip cream and a pickle. Not a good mix but she liked both! There was a crazy drunkard lady there that kept waving and clapping with Noelle across the room. Unfortunately for us she came over and she reeked of booze! I think Noey got drunk off her breath!
Why thank you, I will help myself!
We then headed off to the outlet mall and got Noey some summer shorts to go with her 4th of July top. Here she tried watermelon slushie and loved it. We definitely saw the sugar kick in! I got a shirt for the 8th grade dance too. Now that they have remodeled the outlets some of the stores are better about their "outlet" prices. I got a night shirt for $1.50. Granted it says "Chargers" on it but I don't care. It's just for bed since Dave caught me turning up the heat!
So it was a good anniversary. I can't believe 5 years have passed! We went swimming this morning and Noey's teacher commented to the teachers in training that "she always has the best suits!" Yes, yes she does. And she is the most competent and well behaved, but I'm not bragging or anything. Next week she will be in red, white, and blue for Memorial Day and for her last class until fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment