Monday, July 11, 2011

Let Down

We are in the middle of monsoon season and little storms have been popping up here and there for the last week and a half. I love the storms. I love the cooler weather. I love the rain and the thunder. We got loaded up and were to meet a lady from the Vegas Tot Swap at the M to get Noey a slide for $15. We were excited. We figured we would go swimming while we were there. The wind started to blow and the sky got dark. But, there was NO thunder, NO lightning. Some big drops of rain fell sporadically for 2 minutes. We sat there for 2 hours and waited. And waited. They would not let us in the water. Now, it's been a while since I lifeguarded but according to the American Red Cross the rule is if you see lightning, clear the pool. If no more lightning is seen within a half an hour it is deemed safe to go back in. I mean seriously, the sky is grey so we can't go in?!? I was mad. I'm still mad. It's not easy getting a 9 month old ready to go swimming. We still lubed her up in sunscreen just in case. Then to haul her home disappointed and have to scrub the sunscreen off is really a pain in the butt. I think I will take her to Miss Joanies' to swim on Wednesday. The poor girl wants in the pool and there we know it's a done deal!!

Looking sexy while she waits for an all clear.



At least she is smiling about the situation. (She wasn't by the end of hour 2!) She did get a slide out of the trip so there is something to be happy about!

No comments:

Post a Comment