Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Getting Ready for Summer!

We ordered Noey a slide/swing/sandbox combo for the backyard. We also hooked her up with the special recycled rubber tire tiles that protect falls up to 6 feet off the ground. I got the yard prepped and laid down the tile. I thought I was going to die! It was 100 degrees and those things weigh 30 pounds a piece! Holy moley! And I got into it with our neighbors but that is another story. My father-in-law went home thinking I am totally ghetto. Woody High made me that way. That is my excuse. And being a frustrated middle school teacher probably has something to do with it as well. Someone has to bear the brunt of my angst and that is who I chose that day! Anyways, Dave worked hard getting the set built. We opened the box and were shocked at the detail required. The quality of the materials was really crappy and Dave documented every warped board and flaw. He is going to be writing a strongly worded letter to Sports Power here in the near future.
Noelle watched the action taking place. She had never actually set foot out back and I think she was surprised she has more space to spread her crap, I mean toys! She busted out her chalk and started making a count of the days we've been holding her hostage from the backyard!
She tried out her swing. Didn't work so well.
We got the rubbermaid boxes set up with sand and loaded them with toys. There is a super nice lady at Michael's that has been giving me awesome deals because I'm a teacher so I got some sunflowers for the flower box. We're talking an extra 10% on top of my teacher discount. Love her! So nice to really be appreciated!
I had been looking at this pirate water table for a long time. Joan has one and I thought it was cool. I read bad reviews about it so I was leery. They finally had them in stock at our local Toys R Us so I picked one up. Other than struggling to screw the legs on, ours works fabulously! Of course it does, I bought the warranty. Playing in the water feel good when it's hot out this summer!
Noelle also has a new tricycle and helmet. She wears her helmet all the time and doesn't mind it one bit! She also has a basketball hoop, t-ball set, mitt and glove and her chalk sets outside. It's going to be a summer of fun! Once Dave gets our misters up around the porch we will probably never come inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment