Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Mob Museum
We checked out the new mob museum in downtown while Grandpa Jim was visiting. I could not believe how many people were there! It is three stories of exhibits and it's a ton of reading. Noey was over it after 15 minutes and she fell asleep on me. Sleeping baby, crowds, hot....I have to pee. Good times. I left Jim and Dave to explore while I got out of there. Ever go to the bathroom by yourself while holding a sleeping, sweaty baby? I was impressed with my skills. We ended up in the gift shop and she came alive. She got in the hooch and tried out the cigars. She loves dog toys! She ended up leaving with a Tommy Gun and a police baton. Just what every girl needs for her 18 month birthday!
Police line up. Who dun it? I say it was the little one! She looks guilty!
Booze Hound
Grandpa Jim.
Throughout Jim's trip I was impressed with all the people that came up and thanked him for his service during the Korean War. Several times we encountered active duty soldiers and they said nothing to him after looking right at him and his hat stating he is a veteran. This just rubbed me the wrong way and I thought it was rude. I'm going to hope they just didn't notice. Teaching a WWII class, I try to instill some kind of respect in the kids for those who lived through the war and our servicemen. I recently went kinda bat shit crazy on them for being disrespectful to those in the Holocaust and making light of things so I guess this has been on my mind for a while. We hope Papa Jim can come out at Veteran's day this year now that his foot is healed, Dave's back is healed and Noey is older so we can go to the airshow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment